Orbit Energy Limited has ceased to trade

On 1 December 2021 Ofgem transferred the customers of Orbit Energy Limited (“Orbit Energy”) to ScottishPower as part of the Ofgem Supplier of Last Resort (“SoLR”) regulated process. On 1 December 2021, all Orbit Energy customers were transferred and were being supplied energy by ScottishPower. Also On 1 December 2021, Joanne Hewitt-Schembri, Paul Berkovi and Mark Firmin of Alvarez & Marsal Europe LLP were appointed as Joint Administrators to Orbit Energy Limited. The affairs, business and property of Orbit Energy Limited are being managed by the Joint Administrators, who act as agents of Orbit Energy Limited without personal liability. The Joint Administrators can be contacted by emailing INS-ORBIEL@alvarezandmarsal.com

Final balance statements

You should have now received a final balance statement from Orbit Energy and ScottishPower will be in touch about your new account.

What happens to any outstanding payments/debts due to Orbit Energy?

The Joint Administrators of Orbit Energy have appointed Barratt Smith & Brown Limited (“BSB”) to recover outstanding amounts due from customers. BSB are authorised by the Joint Administrators to contact customers and arrange for payment of outstanding balances which you may still owe to Orbit.

BSB’s contact details are as follows:
Barratt Smith & Brown Limited
Finanza House
Suite E, Best House
Grange Business Park

Website: https://www.thebsbco.com
Email: collections_team@thebsbco.com
Phone: 0116 296 1438

What happens if I have a credit balance or I want a credit refund after a final bill?

ScottishPower will be providing refunds of funds that existing and former customers have paid into accounts where there is a valid credit balance. You can visit their website for further information regarding credit balances.

If you are a former customer and switched to a different supplier before Orbit Energy ceased to trade, then ScottishPower will be in touch if you had a valid credit balance and let you know when you can expect to receive your cheque. They are working hard to return your credit balance to you as soon as possible, however, this may take some time.

If you are an existing customer, then your supply has now been switched to ScottishPower and we are working with ScottishPower to transfer valid credit balances. Once your credit balance has been transferred to ScottishPower, then your credit will appear on your account and you can discuss refund requests with the team at ScottishPower.

Any queries about credit balances can be discussed with the ScottishPower team. Orbit Energy is no longer able to support you on any queries regarding credit balances.

What meter readings were used to close accounts?

To allow Orbit Energy to produce a final bill, meter readings were requested from all customers between November 2021 and January 2022. If customers were unable to provide meter readings, an estimate based upon past energy consumption was used to close accounts. This reading has also been provided to ScottishPower to open your new energy account.

What will happen to my Feed-in-Tariff (FiT)?

As a generator, you need to switch your Feed-in Tariff to another FiT Licensee. You can find a list of all FiT providers on Ofgem’s website and ScottishPower is a FiT Licensee, you can find details at https://www.scottishpower.co.uk/energy-efficiency/energy-efficiency-toolkit/feed-in-tariff.

Who can I contact for additional information?

If you need any information regarding your energy supply, you will need to contact your new energy supplier, ScottishPower. Their website at ScottishPower.co.uk provides useful FAQs and contact details.
If you’d like more information, you can also take a look at Ofgem’s Safety Net FAQs here.

What do I do if there is something wrong with my gas or power supply?

If there is something wrong with your gas or power supply, you need to contact your new energy supplier, ScottishPower. In an emergency situation please refer to https://community.scottishpower.co.uk/t5/Pay-as-you-go/Prepayment-Questions/ta-p/49.

What do I do if I need a new gas card or electric key?

Your new supplier ScottishPower can help, for more information go to https://community.scottishpower.co.uk/t5/Pay-as-you-go/Prepayment-Questions/ta-p/69.

What will happen if I can’t pay my bill?

If you have outstanding amounts on your account, please contact BSB on the details above to speak to someone about methods of payment. Energy used after the date of switching will be billed by ScottishPower.
If you live in England or Wales, you can find advice at citizensadvice.org/energy
If you live in Scotland, you can find advice at www.energyadvice.scot
or by calling 0808 196 8660.